Monday, January 26, 2009

The Graveyard Book Wins the Newberry Medal

I was so thrilled to see that Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book won the Newberry Medal! It was one of my favorite books I read last year and I'm sure it would have been one I loved when I was a kid, too. Congratulations to Neil Gaiman who sounds very excited (if you click on the above link you'll see what I mean)!

I'm going to keep it short tonight because I'm exhausted. After work I went out to dinner for an anniversary, then we got a flat tire, had to have the car towed, and had to take a taxi home. What a night. At least we got the flat tire while at Borders where I used up the rest of my gift cards while waiting. It was a tough choice since there were quite a few books I wanted to get, but I ended up with:

A Shadow in Summer by Daniel Abraham
Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
Biting the Sun by Tanith Lee

I got the first two because I'm now reading Inside Straight and really liked the parts written by Abraham and Vaughn. The other two are ones I've thought about getting for a while.

Hopefully this week I'll get up that review of The Jackal of Nar. After that, I now also need to review Kushiel's Dart and Childhood's End (which I was very silly to be afraid of).

No comments: