Monday, October 27, 2008

Coming Up

Since Friday is Halloween, I decided it was a good time to read and review the newest from Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book. If you are a fan of his, don't wait for the review to read the book! I absolutely loved it and it was my favorite of his novels I've read so far. (Other than that one, those would be Neverwhere, Stardust, Anansi Boys, and Good Omens, the novel he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett. I have not yet read American Gods; I know that's a tragedy of epic proportions, especially since it is on my bookshelf. Of course, I've read all of Sandman, but that was incredible and surpasses any of the novels.)

Right now, I am a little more than halfway through The Court of the Air by Stephen Hunt, which will be the next book reviewed. After that, the next books I read will be The Jackal of Nar by John Marco and All the Windwracked Stars by Elizabeth Bear. Then there will probably be some space opera but I still have Nation on the to-read pile so that's a possibility too.

2 comments:

Daya said...

Loved the Graveyard Book as well, it is definitely one more amazing read from the master himself.

Kristen said...

Daya,

The Graveyard Book is excellent. It actually exceeded my expectations.