Monday, August 24, 2009

Live Chat with Lev Grossman




On Wednesday from 12:30 to 1:30 EST, Lev Grossman will be doing a live chat at Penguin's Water Cooler site. Lev Grossman is a book critic for Time magazine as well as the author of the newly released fantasy novel The Magicians, which debuted at #9 on the New York Times bestseller list. Lev Grossman is also this week's guest over at Babel Clash, the Borders Sci Fi blog.

I've heard so many good things about The Magicians and am looking forward to reading it. It was on my list of reads for this month so I plan to start on it as soon as I finish reading The Drowning City.

5 comments:

Jason said...

This is a great site that you have here. I have a site myself where fans can debate and discuss controversial sports topics. I am telling you this because after looking at your site, I know you can provide us with some useful insight.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Maybe we can do a link exchange.

Sincerely,
Jason

Donna said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear what you think of The Drowning City, it's on my tbr wish list.

ediFanoB said...

I bought a copy of The Drowning City recently. It will be my next read after Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.

Kristen, do you know that Joe Abercrombie reviewed Lev Grossman's The Magicians !!

Kristen said...

Jason - Thanks for stopping by. I only link to sites that are related to speculative fiction books since that is what this blog is about, but thanks anyway!

Donna - After I saw Elizabeth Bear's quote on The Drowning City I have wanted to read it because I LOVE Elizabeth Bear's writing. So far I'm not that thrilled with it and keep wanting to read something else. Maybe it will still get better, though - I'm not even a third of the way through it yet.

ediFanoB - Thanks for the link! I had heard about Joe Abercrombie's review of The Magicians but had not read it yet. It does sound like a very interesting book.

orannia said...

Will be looking forward to your thoughts on both The Drowning City and The Magicians :)