Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Women Writing Fantasy

I knew there was something I was forgetting in my links post yesterday! Memory over at Stella Matutina is currently doing a series on women writing fantasy (that is not contemporary as there are plenty of women writing urban fantasy and paranormal romance). I think it's a great idea since it does seem that often women writing historical or epic fantasy don't seem to be as well known. Plus she is going to cover (or has already covered) a lot of excellent authors I love - Ginn Hale (I'm in the middle of her forthcoming novel Lord of the White Hell Book One right now and am LOVING it), Sarah Monette, Robin Hobb, Elizabeth Bear and many more. And I've already discovered one author I hadn't heard of before whose books sound really interesting, Elizabeth Knox.

4 comments:

Memory said...

Thanks for the links!

Ooh, did you get an ARC of Ginn Hale's new book? I'm jealous!

Kristen said...

Memory - No problem! I've really been enjoying reading about all the featured authors!

Yes, I did get an ARC of Ginn Hale's new book. It's taking me no time at all to read - it's so very good!

Amelia said...

Thanks for this. I am always on the lookout for more women fantasy authors, so this is a great series for me to catch up on!

Kristen said...

Amelia - Enjoy! There are 30 authors on the list to be discussed and there are a lot more mentioned if you read the comments on the initial post about Women in Fantasy.