Friday, August 6, 2010

July Reading

July was a slight improvement - four books read! Two of them were actually fairly long so I was happy with that number, especially considering nearly every weekend in July was taken up by new home related things. Now if only I were caught up on reviews...

Books read in July are:

27. The Devil in Green by Mark Chadbourn (Review)
28. Lord of the White Hell: Book One by Ginn Hale
29. Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey
30. The Last Stormlord by Glenda Larke

Favorite book read during July: Lord of the White Hell: Book One - which is pretty decent considering I really enjoyed Naamah's Curse. I'm working on a review of the former now, but it will not be posted until closer to the release date of August 15. I liked it well enough that I added the finished copy to my wish list, though.

So what did you read this month? Anything good?

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Hey Kristen! Here are the books I read last month,

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
The Unnatural Inquirer, Simon R. Green
Wolfsangel, M.D. Lachlan
Kraken, China Mieville
Oath of Gold, Elizabeth Moon
The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle, Patrick Rothfuss
All the Names, Jose Saramago
Kitty Goes to War, Carrie Vaughn

Hunger Games was a nice surprise and I strongly recommend reading it. Kraken and Wolfsangel were both quite good. The Rothfuss children's book is definitely NOT for children.

Kristen said...

Hi Benjamin! I have been wanting to read The Hunger Games - from the sound of it, I should really hurry up and do that. Mieville is an author I still need to read - I have Perdido Street Station but haven't read it yet. It's one of those books in my house that I'm a bit ashamed to admit I haven't read yet.

Benjamin said...

I had A Game of Thrones sitting in my To Read Pile for years with absolutely no clue was to how good ASOIAF was. ;)

Kristen said...

Benjamin - That's always a mixed blessing. On the one hand, it's wonderful to discover an excellent book. But then I always wonder what was wrong with me that I didn't listen to everyone and read such a fantastic book earlier.