Wednesday, August 11, 2010

News and An Announcement

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that regular blogging will resume soon. There's a lot of unpacking to do, but at least it doesn't look like complete chaos in here anymore. In the meantime, here is some news I found as well as a preview of what is coming up next week.

Lois McMaster Bujold's blog has some information on how to get a taste of CryoBurn, the new Miles Vorkosigan book coming out in November, before it is published. The first five chapters are available to read on Baen's website. Also, there is an e-ARC for sale - basically, you can read the unfinished version early for $15 and since this is a program run by the publisher, the author still receives royalties from the sale (as opposed to ARCs on eBay).

Now for the announcement I've been wanting to make for weeks now but didn't want to mention too early. On Monday, I will be posting my review of Lord of the White Hell: Book One by Ginn Hale. On Tuesday there will be an interview with Ginn Hale, who very kindly agreed to answer some questions when I emailed her in a state of oh-my-goodness-I-loved-this-book shortly after finishing the first half of Lord of the White Hell. She'll be talking some about other stories she is working on (including the sequel to Wicked Gentlemen!) as well as some of her favorite books from childhood, the thought process behind the cultures she creates, and the role of empathy in writing.

3 comments:

David Scholes said...

Here's hoping for that return to regular blogging asap.

If you get a chance keep an eye out for my new science fiction novella:

www.xlibris.com/SoldieroftheBrell.html

Cheers

Memory said...

I'm looking forward to your Ginn Hale interview!

Kristen said...

Memory - Thanks, it was a lot of fun to do the interview! Ginn Hale is very nice and her answers were very interesting.