Friday, October 17, 2008

December Blogger Book Club




Post-Weird Thoughts has an announcement about the next Blogger Book Club Discussion. The next book will be Schismatrix Plus by Bruce Sterling. I have yet to read a book by Sterling and have been curious about his work so it will be a good opportunity to give it a try. The next discussion will take place from December 8 - 12. The announcement has more details on the selected book, and if you would like to participate, leave a comment at Post-Weird Thoughts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting. Can anyone participate? If it is OK and if I end up liking the book, maybe I can contribute a song.

Thanks for pointing this out Kristen.

Kristen said...

Yes, anyone can participate in the book club. It would work like the October one - anyone who wants to write a review for it reads the book before the week of the discussion and posts a review sometime during that week. It is casual and it does not require bloggers to participate every month - you can opt in or out as time and interest in the book permits.

I think it would be fantastic if you did a song on the discussion book! The next book club is being hosted at Post-Weird Thoughts so you can leave a comment there about wanting to participate. (I only just saw the part about commenting so I'll edit my post to include that.)

For more information on the Book Club, you can read the original proposal on it here.

Thea said...

How exciting. I love Schismatrix, can't wait to see what you think of it.

This Blogger Book Club Discussion is pretty cool--thanks for the heads up!

Kristen said...

Thea,

I'm looking forward to reading Schismatrix Plus, although I'm also a little unsure about it since most cyberpunk I've read hasn't appealed to me that much. Have you read anything else by Sterling?