Sunday, October 19, 2008

Iain Banks Email Q&A: Part Three

The newest Iain Banks Q&A is up (this is a few days late but I only just saw it a few minutes ago). In this one, he answers questions about killing off characters, his novel Walking on Glass, the existence of gods in the Culture, technological singularity, whether or not any of his books have been banned, and how disappointing it must be to live in Britain instead of the Culture.

In case anyone missed them, here are links to the first two Q&As:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I like this bit: "as a fully paid up, evangelical atheist..."

Read my 2nd Banks book this weekend - Excession. It was ok. I think it takes a bit of time to get into his style (several books, I mean). I'm on a high-tech craving streak, going on to Reynolds next probably.

Kristen said...

Which books have you read by Banks? Excession is one I have yet to read. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed in the others since I started with the two books I often hear are his best (The Player of Games and Use of Weapons).

Which Reynold's book(s) are you going to read? I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately so I'm starting to want some high tech books too. Everything I had planned for reading this month was fantasy but maybe I'll have to slip a science fiction book in somewhere (like the next Miles book I haven't read yet).