Monday, October 6, 2008

I Love Your Blog Award

One of my favorite bloggers, Tia from Fantasy Debut, nominated me for an I Love Your Blog Award yesterday. Thanks, Tia - I love your blog too!

Now I'm supposed to nominate seven blogs that I enjoy, which is really hard since I read and love a lot of blogs! (They're all linked to from the sidebar if you are curious.) Fantasy Debut would without a doubt be in my top seven, but it seems as though you are supposed to pick blogs other than the one you received the award from so here is my list:

The Swivet Contains a lot of interesting behind the scenes information on publishing/agenting and Colleen is absolutely hilarious. (Her Twitter comments were keeping me particularly entertained during the Vice Presidential debate the other night.)

OF Blog of the Fallen One of the more diverse speculative fiction blogs out there with lots of commentary and some reviews. Not all the books mentioned are in English nor are all of them traditional/epic fantasy or the usual science fiction/space opera novels being discussed. It's always interesting and thoughtful.

A Dribble of Ink Provides fantastic in-depth reviews and I love the asides. Lately there have been a few posts on video games as well which is never a bad thing (even if I do never have time to play them anymore!).

The Book Smugglers Ana and Thea write very lengthy, involved, entertaining, and at times hilarious reviews and have tons of personality that shines through in each review. They both read and review a LOT - I haven't yet figured out how they find the time for it all but I'm certainly glad they do!

Dark Wolf's Fantasy Reviews Reviews, lots of photos of books to drool over, and a feature on fantasy art which has shown some fantastic work - those are the reasons I keep going back to this one.

Adventures in Reading I actually only became recently acquainted with this blog but it's quickly become one of my favorites. Love the reviews and Joe's also a huge fan of Elizabeth Bear's "Promethean Age" novels too. (It's Elizabeth Bear week there now and I'm very excited to read the review of All the Windwracked Stars, which is coming out later this month.)

Ann Aguirre The blog run by the author of Grimspace and Wanderlust - whether she's answering reader questions about Vel the sexy alien bug or writing about her latest favorite book, Ann just cracks me up. Plus she runs a lot of giveaways and tends to have more creative criteria than leaving a comment.

There it is - my seven nominees! Wow, that was a tough one.

5 comments:

Mihai A. said...

Kristen, thank you very, very much. You are very kind :)

Tia Nevitt said...

Thank you, Kristen!

Ana said...

Thank you! : D

And since you wondered: I sleep 5 hours, I read before going to work, on my lunch hour, I read on the treadmill (yes seriously) and for a few hours each night. I haven't cooked a meal for months and I think my Partner is still living with me. But I am not too sure. LOL. ; )

Thea said...

Thanks Kristen, and right back atcha :)

And...yeah what Ana said. I read really quickly, and generally have a pretty good memory so I can squeeze in a good amount of reading while waiting around, walking (yes I'm one of those weirdos), at the gym, cooking...etc.

Kristen said...

Dark Wolf - You're welcome. Keep up the good work!

Tia - Thanks for the nomination! And I'm really looking forward to getting a hold of Black Ships after your review of it.

Ana - Wow, that's a lot of reading! Wish I could manage to squeeze it in like that. I hope your partner is still alive and well and living with you! ;)

Thea - Thanks! :) I'm envious - I wish I could read quickly and have a good memory for it. Long ago I found out that's just not the case and I end up missing a lot if I read fast.